News / Knowledge / Networking
The subtitle of the site says a lot already, but here is a more in depth explanation of our intentions with this site.
Anyone involved or working in the financial markets industry in the Netherlands. Front-office, Mid-office, back-office, Nerd-office, regulatory paper jock; we love you all the same and aim to build you a useful community
- Organize events
- List external events in the Netherlands of interest to our target audience
- List news we find around the Net that may be of interest to our target audience
- Provide a platform for our patrons to create their own content that could be of interest to our target audience
- Collect academic research involving topics that are of interest to our target audience
- Build a community where the results of these activities are discussed and debated in an open but respectful manner. Which means that any (anonymous) trolling will never, ever be tolerated.
Initiators of this site are Ferry Boekholt, Maarten Kalff & Jan de Bolle.
Ferry has been active in the Dutch financial sector since 1989 and has worked in several capacities such broker, market maker, project manager, business developer and IR. He now runs his own business, consulting companies active in the Dutch financial industry.
Maarten has an extensive IT background in the industry with a specialization in market infrastructures, system architecture and connectivity. With his Optiver roots, he ventured out working for consultancy firm Schuberg Philis and connectivity provider Interxion. He is currently deploying his knowledge in financial markets technology and architecture in solutions for the television broadcasting industry.
Jan has a Flow Traders and clearing background and specializes in business development, filling the communication and knowledge gaps between IT, Front Office and Back Office.